Thursday 6 August 2009

A Quickie

Still pushing hard. The weather has been relatively nice and I`ve capitalized on the good weathers and pushed hard. The humidity is still a problem, I washed some laundry a few days back and still hasn`t dried. And judging from the hideous odor emitting from my bag it is starting to rot and/or brew. My bag is allso sporting a patch of moss. Niiice... I might have to ditch those shirts and socks unless I somehow manage to dry them off.

Today was rather exiting, I found a HUGE abandoned industrial complex. I don`t quite surely know what it had been, maybe an oil refinery. I was thinkin about staying there for the night but while I as exploring the premises, the police decided to show up. I considered applying the Baka Gaijin technique that has gotten me out of sme sticky situations before. That means speaking very very little japanese and being very sorry and very dumb. But since I had my camping equipment with me and no hotel reservations, I decided to just do things ninja style and simply slipped out of there unnoticed. Probably saved me from getting ticketed at the least. This is just a crappy computer in a small cafe so again no pictures, sorry.

Freecamping is illegal in Japan so I`m pretty much breaking at least two laws everytime I pitch my tent somewhere else than a designated camping area. As I have now just left Miyagi prefecture behind me, the population density is drasticaly raising and the surroundings are lot more urban. That means good campsites are very hard to come by.

Hopefully I can find a decent internet cafe soon and make a better post with pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment