Tuesday 21 July 2009

Kuji Goodnes

Today has me resting at Kuji where I arrived yesterday. My shoes were completely busted and chaffed a hell of a blister on my foot. Even walking is painfull right now, so I`ll rest here untill tomorrow and head out towards south tommorrow. The weather is currently very rainy and cloudy, so now bombing hills today.

Yesterday was one of the best days yet, I made good progress early on and met later this guy called Yasu. He speaks wery good english and has a lot of friends from the USA and New Zealand. We hooked up with a bunch of them later on at a nice little restaurant, had really tasty food and a few beers. It was SO nice to talk with someone properly with proper english. Basically the first normally flowing conversation since I talked to some german guy at the Kansai International on the first day. Nice meeting you guys!

I did some laundry, in a laundromat, not river like the last time, cleaned and lubed my bearings (the ceramic bearings are working really good but still need lots of caretaking), took a shower and made some shopping. New shoes! Now I consider going to an onsen to heal my feet and examine the roads a bit. If the weather gets better I might do some downhill riding later.


There was a solar eclipse here today, but the weather made that pretty insignificant, not much to see of.

A few pictures again!




I don`t know what it says but I think something along the lines of "Awesomeness ahead"






A abandoned roadside restaurant at Hokkaido. It had a nice feeling to it.




Some mountains at a ski resort town





Lake Toya?


The Buddha Of Heavy Metal! Allmost. But he seemed so benevolent that I decided that he is, donated him some of my small changed and told him to Rock Hard! He is now the patriot saint/englightened entity of my trip.


My poor shoesole. The Merrels finaly gave up. Damn, those were some good shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment