Tuesday 14 July 2009

Mountain Madnnes At Hakodateyama

I went to Mount Hakodate yesterday evening. The sunset view was certainly very scenic, pictures don`t really do it justice so I didn`t bother to take any. Actually I left my camera at the hotel and went to ride down the sucker. It was a rather incredible and dangerous experience too bad (or maybe actually good) that my ride was interrupted by security guards and I was driven down the mountain. They told me it was too dangerous and interfered with the buss traffic that was indeed very heavy.

I consired going back up and waiting till late at night to try again, but it started raining and the road was rather poorly lit. To compensate my defeat I went sliding down a 8 stories high parking garage and had a good time at that.

The two worst things in my life currently are:

1.A infected gum around my wisdom tooth. Annoying but not life threatening.
2.My iPod has gone completely catatonic. No more music unless I purchase a portable radio. Damn.

Music reminds of the night before yesterday! Music reallly is the great communicator. I was wondering around Hakodate with my skateboard in the evening and a array of guitars at a bar called The White Beatles. I promptly wandered inside and discovered much to my delight that it was in fact a open stage jam bar. Soon a bunch of musicians wandered in. The bartender occasionaly took up the drums or the bass. We jammed trough the night untill it was closing time at 02.00. Allthough we didn`t really understand each other linguisticaly, the music was understood by both parties and lots of fun was had. Awesome!

If you are a musician and/or like blues, jazz and rock`n roll, you should most definetly check this bar out! It`s a few blocks away from the Hakodate station, along the "main road" of Hakodate. If your`re coming from the station, just keep your eyes peeled to the right side of the road, you can`t miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment