Saturday 4 July 2009

Seagull Hotel

I`ll go to Kansai airport soon an retrieve my skateboard and try to rebook a flight so Sapporo. I`ve seen a bunch of great engrish phrases here but I`ll just take a moment to tell about the customs inspection upon my arrival.

I heard that it is a hassle to get into Japan so I expected lot worse. Actually I only had to fill out to forms, other one about me stating my information, lenght of stay and location and the other form about my stuff.

The problem appeared when I had left the Location of my stay blank. The clerk started asking the name of my hotel with broken english. After a moment of badly understood explanations from one side to another I answered "I don`t know yet, I`ll go to Sapporo and seek out a Hotell there". The clerks face brightened as he answered "Ahh, Seagull Hotel! Please to write it down there"

Barely containing a burst of laughter I chose the way of lesser harm and obediently wrote down the imaginary Seagull Hotel as my place of residence for the trip.

I have now dubbed my Jack Wolfsking tent as "Hotell Seagull"

I`d post some pictures but this computer doesn`t have a usb port

2 comments:

  1. Hienoa lukea näitä sun kuulumisia. Mageeta, että sait viimein sen komian laudan alle ja hommat lähti viimein rullaamaan ja Seagullkin syntyi. Lykkyä pyttyyn! Kuullaan!

    -Tomi

    Pktku4eva! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyllähän kolmilla kalsareilla muutaman kerran Japanin halki potkii! Tsemppiä seikkailuun! Ja heti kuvia, kun usbia löytyy. On se kova...

    T: Niko

    ReplyDelete